Selfie sticks are quite popular and the latest trend these days. Taking selfies with smartphones and cameras is trending through out the world. Selfie sticks help you to take better selfies with your smartphones.
Various types of selfie sticks available in the market:
How to use selfie sticks depends on the type of selfie stick you are using. There a re two types of selfie sticks available in market.
1. Bluetooth selfie sticks: Bluetooth selfie sticks are common these days. These selfie sticks function with Bluetooth connectivity with your phone. Bluetooth selfies sticks further are two types – one with an inbuilt remote button which is attached to selfie stick and other with separate Bluetooth remote.
2. Wired selfie sticks: Wired selfie sticks have grown very popular due to its simplicity in use. There no need of any Bluetooth connectivity, just plug in the selfie stick wire to the headphone jack and start taking selfies. I use Mi selfie stick from last 4 months, purchased from MI.com and it works fine.
Before purchasing selfie stick you must decide with kind of selfie stick you want to use. Both selfie sticks have their pros and cons. Bluetooth selfie stick
How to use selfie sticks with Bluetooth?
Before taking selfies with
1. Switch on Bluetooth shutter.
2. Search the name of the shutter and connect your smartphone with the shutter.
3. After you are connected with the shutter open your smartphone camera app.
4. You should be able to take photos by clicking Bluetooth shutter button.
How to use selfie sticks with wire/aux cable?
As mentioned earlier selfie sticks with wire or aux cable are becoming more popular due to their simplicity in use.
1. Extend the phone holder of selfie stick and fit your phone in it.
2. Now connect the wire of selfie stick in the headphone jack of the smartphone.
3. Extend the selfie stick length.
4. Click the remote button on selfie stick to take photos.
Common problems while using selfie sticks:
Here are few common problems faced by users during taking selfies with selfie sticks.
1.Selfie stick does not work: Some smartphones have compatibility issues with selfie sticks. Make sure from your smartphone is compatible with selfie sticks by calling customer care of smartphone manufacturer.
2. Selfie stick does not take photos: Some devices are compatible but still, you are not able to take pictures. Make sure you have appropriate settings in your device. Change volume button settings to ‘capture’ or ‘take pictures’ in your camera settings.
3. Selfie stick does not work with Redmi Xiaomi phones:Redmi xiaomi phones need specific setting to work with wired selfie sticks. For MiUI 6 – Go to Camera Settings – Open Volume Button Function – Select Shutter. For MiUI 7 & 8 – Go to settings – Additional settings – Headphones & audio effects – Headphone remote buttons – Control volume level.
4. Selfie stick bends during use: If you are using heavy phone make sure to buy good quality selfie stick for use. Slight bending of selfie stick is unavoidable do not worry for that.
5. Selfie stick does not work with my phone: Some phones require camera apps like ‘selfstick camera’ ‘woofie camera’ or ‘camera 360’ for taking photos.These apps can be downloaded free from google play store.
Camera Apps to use with selfie sticks:
There are hundreds of camera apps available on play store for taking wonderful selfies. Here we will list few apps required to use if your regular smartphone camera app is not working properly with selfie stick.
1. Camera 360 – This is a good app to use with selfie sticks. It has a lot of effects for taking photos, but the only drawback is large size.
2. Selfishop camera – It’s a lightweight app for taking photos with a mobile phone if your camera does not work with its camera app.
3. Woofie Camera – If above camera apps do not work, then this camera app may help you to take photos.
Desirable Features of Selfie stick:
Here are few features of selfie stick must have for easy to handle.
1. Compact & Pocket sized – Selfie stick must be compact so that it’s easy to carry during travel and to special occasions like parties and functions. Nowadays its trend to have pocket sized selfie sticks which can be put in pocket or purse.
2. Light Weight –Selfie stick should be light weight so that is to carry and the hand does not get tired during its use.
3. Good built quality –Selfie stick should be made of good quality so that your expensive phone is safe during taking selfies.